[IP] drunks R us

JUST KIDDING - just trying to catch your attention...heh heh

Yale write:

>  5.  Wear medical identification just incase you become hypoglycemic
> and can thusly be appropriatly treated, and not mistreated as a drunk.

These were all excellent tips...I have been doing an informal poll of New
York's finest...basically I have been going up to these Hitler-esque Men In
Blue and asking them:

"Do you routinely check for medic alert jewelry when you find someone
unconscious or in an accident situation?"

Most of them, I am disgusted to say, are like, "uuuuhhhhhhhhhh, yeah sure,"
(meaning - no).  Many of these bone heads have looked at me in complete
ignorance!  The most frightening "poll" was the other night.  I walked up to 3
of them (they are even scarier when they get together in packs...) and asked
the question.  One of them (very blond, Aryan looking) looked suspiciously at
me and asked why I wanted to know.  I said just an informal poll for my
support group.  Then he noticed my pump, since I was wearing a shirt tucked in
with the pump on my belt.  He goes, "are you recording this?" as he points to
the pump, the little blond hairs on his neck bristling up.  I said no, told
him what it was, receiving more blank or suspicious looks for my trouble.

So I asked, "if I was laying in the gutter unconscious, would you haul me off
to "dry out" or would you think there was some kind of medical emergency?"
One of htem said, "well, the way you are dressed, we would probably assume
something was wrong."  This scared me cuz I was dressed rather nice, which
isnt a normal thing.  Usually I am in shorts and t-shirts or very casual
clothes...sometimes even raggy workout wear.  I am thinking the tattoo idea on
my forehead might not be such a bad idea!

*-)=B xoxx~~~[507]