I don't know if this happens nationally, but in my community Sunday,
Sept 27th is the JDF's Walk to cure Diabetes."  The following Sundy
(October 4th) is the ADA's "Walktoberfest."  The spacing of these two
events is horrendous and confusing to the general public.  I suggested
to our JDF Exec. Dir. that we move the walk to cure diabetes to the
spring.  I've collected >$600 for the JDF walk, and I will do the
Walktoberfest, but without sponsors.  I can't hit up friends and
coworkers so soon for basically what they consider to be the same
cause.  Anyone have any ideas how we can get these two organizations to
space their events better?
Vicki McDonald