Re: [IP] Alcohol as antiseptic

The Nurse Practitioner/CDE told me to wash the area with a anti-bacterial
soap like Lever or with Hibiclens and then use alcohol.  She also said to
start at the injection location and work outward with a spiral type motion
so that the alcohol wipe doesn't move germs into the injection location.
Since she is a pumper and follows her own instructions, I tend to be a
little more trusting than I usually am with medical personnel.  After
reading Ted's post about alcohol, her spiral motion instructions make
sense. (I like things to make sense <g>.)