[IP] Alcohol as antiseptic

I have been thinking about the to use alcohol/not use alcohol question when
putting sets in.  I have always used it with no problem, but know that
others have had problems and "Pumping Insulin" advises against using it.
So I asked 3 separate pharmacists about what I should be using and they all
said the same thing - alcohol is the best thing, far better than soemthing
like Hibiclens.

Since I put more stock in "Pumping Insulin" and this group than I do pretty
much any "expert", I do not take this at necessarily true for us but would
really like to know why alcohol is not considered to be the best option
(and what to use in it's place).

Vancouver, BC, Canada
email @ redacted          http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/mappa_mundi/