Re: [IP] Fw: Index and infusion getting contaminated

At 10:32 PM 09/16/1998  DIANE MASSEY wrote:
>> I decided to wipe the needel with alcohol and go ahead and use it.

>> has had no probs with the 2 that I did that way.  but I remember
>> initial pump training that we were told not to wipe the syringe
>> with alcohol.
>> What should I do when the needle happens to touch my finger or
>> assuming they are clean as I indicated?

Good question. There are two reasons that I can think of as to why
you were cautioned not to use alcohol on the needle. 1. it might take
off a lubricant from the needle. 2. Alcohol is not a complete
antiseptic and some bacteria can still slip through. These are just
my two guesses... I'd be interested in any other opinions.