RE: [IP] questions

Hi Kelly,

The problem with your high sugars in the morning may not be the pump. You
may be experiencing a dawn phenomena. This is when your sugars go high in
the early am. You also may be having low bg's in the middle of the night
and the highs in the morning are a rebound effect. Try testing at 3am a
couple nights in a row. If it's high you may need a higher basal rate at
night. If it's low you need a lower basal rate at night.CHECK WITH YOUR DOC
DKA is diabetic ketoacidosis. It is a life threatening illness and can
occur with sugars as low as 250! It is reccomended that you check your
urine ketones if your sugar is >250. The strips are expensive so I usually
check if I'm high two times in a row. If the test is positive drink LOTS of
fluids and get your bg down. If you are spilling moderate or large ketones
call your doctor. DKA can also occur if you get the flu, so watch out if
you are sick and are throwing up because it can hit fast, especially with
the pump.
Good luck,