I just want to add to this that the first 10 years or so of pumping with
regular/velosulin was fraught with similarly confusing and frustrating problems.
To be honest, the lack of stability of the humalog is frustrating but our (this
groups) and some medical pros understanding of cause and effect is much better
than it was 15-17 years ago when I started pumping with regular as a teenager.
My stomach had reached the point of hideousness and beyond long before anyone
figured out velosulin worked better than regular and it wasn't until they
invented sof sets and revamped the needles in the infusion sets significantly
that I walked around more than half an ocassional day at a time without my
stomach hurting perpetually.  It's taken five years for it to heal.  Humalog is
frustrating.  The mysteries about how to improve it and the slowness of Lily is
frustrating.  But it's not moving any slower though than past developments.  They
will get it right in time.  At least at this point, you have kids like Lily who
have been pumping for more than a year or two and can stand to touch and look at
their stomachs!  Things are improving.