Re: [IP] Fw: Minmed buttons

At 04:26 PM 09/14/1998  DIANE MASSEY wrote:
>Lets try to send this again with the right address
>> From: DIANE MASSEY <email @ redacted>
>> To: email @ redacted
>> Subject: Minmed buttons
>> Date: Monday, September 14, 1998 1:48 PM
>> I though the button problem was unique to our pump.  We have been
>> only 3 months but it seems like our pump was getting worse...to the
>> of returning it for repair.  the jumping past where you want it to go
>> driving me crazy!  I may still return it for repair, becuase the
>> with setting temp basal or basals is unreasonable!  Are all minimed
>> this bad...ours is a 507C.

I have the 507 and have not noticed the keys skipping past items. I have
accidentally, skipped past an item by dumbly pushing the key too many
times, but I don't think this is what you're referring to. If you find it
skipping all on its own, then there is something wrong with it. Call
MiniMed right away.

The keys on my MiniMed take deliberate pushes to go to each function. I
think MiniMed does this on purpose so that you aren't as likely to
accidentally press key. I can see why... if you accidentally pushed a bolus
while leaning up against something or during the night, that would be bad.

I have to admit that one thing I would like to see is a back-space... if I
push too many times without thinking, I'd like a way to go back to where I
really wanted to be.