Re: [IP] I need your letters please!!!!

Here's a letter for your docs:

My name is Katie Dubravec. For 18 of my 22 years with diabetes I was what you
would call a noncompliant diabetic. I had great difficulty sticking to my
diet, exercise was nonexistent and I rarely, if ever, tested my bgs.

Before I could try a pump, I needed to prove my intent for better control. I
started on MDI and testing regularly. For 1 1/2 years I struggled to get the
best control I could. Failing more often then not. On 4-5 shots a day I
managed to get my HA1c to 8.75. I was crushed. I was eating six small meals a
day, the largest meal of the day was 1/2 fruit, one veggie, and one starch. My
entire day was spent trying to control my diabetes and I still was not in an
acceptable range.

I knew I would not be able to maintain my diligence.

It was at this point that I was placed on the pump. In six months, I had lost
3 pounds, was gladly testing 4-6 times a day and my HA1c was 6.5 !!!!!

For the first time in my life, I have control of my diabetes instead of it
having control of me. I can actually walk two miles without feeling like I'm
going to die. I can sleep late. I can eat like a normally healthy person. And
I still maintain better glucose levels than ever.

With the help of my pump, I plan on living a long and healthy life. More
importantly to me, is when someone mentions diabetes I don't cry any more.

Best regards,