Re: [IP] infusion sites

Laurie Brack and Jeff Montgomery wrote:
 I where mine in my thighs.  When I first started the Silhouette, I put
it in my thigh, to the 30degree that the paper called for, and had all
kinds of> problems.  inconsistant absorption, and it really scared me
off the Sil's> for a spell.  Then I tried it again, and this time very
shallow an d have> not stopped using the Sil's or my thighs. I can keep
the sil's in better, ( less persperation) less bumping  and pulling on
the site or canula, and  generally I forget I even have it on> until  I
look at the calendar for changing it.  I carry alot of boxes around> at
work, 20 to 200, and I usually carry them against my body, so this is>
what works for me.  YMMV as the saying goes, Laurie B.

Laurie Brack and Jeff Montgomery

I would like somewhat to start using a Silhouette infusion, but, have
been to afraid to try. I use a softserter in my abdomen with no trouble,
but I am lean (or so I would like to think) and would like to see if the
Silhouette would offer me any additional comfort. I just cannot imagine
sticking myself with that thing, but, after 30 years of needles I
suppose I could get over it. Any advise, encouragement or suggestions
would greatly be appricaited.

Tim T.