re: [IP] infusion site

I use the abdomen most of the time. I tried the thighs when I was trying
to give my gut a rest (after ten years of poking it with infusion sets).
There are some important absorption issues with the thighs. Any bit of
exercise, such as bowling or walking, really affected my sugars. I even
had a drastic drop one morning because of increased absorption. The
abdomen is the best place for me for consistency.

I have had small amounts of blood back up into the tube. My teaching
nurse said I could judge how much of a bolus I need to give to move the
blood back and get insulin flowing again, but I just rip the tube out
and start fresh.