Re: [IP] mmol/l

Ruth Elowitz wrote:
 Got my HbA1c through today. 5.7% (normal range 4.3%-6.1%), so I'm
happy, given that I don't carb count precisely but just do everything by
feel and instinct. I suppose that's what you learn after 21 years. Do
others do this? I couldn't tell you how much carb is in a meal, but put
it in front of me, and I'll tell you how much insulin I need to cover

 Yes, I've been afraid to admit this.  In fact, when I am too precise
about carbs
I mess everything up big time!  :-)

I must admit, (dont tell my doctor), but, I do this.
I can bolus to keep my blood sugars perfect
(however, I don't always succeed), but I am like you. I know when I am
high or low. I can feel it. I know how much to bolus for foods (I do
"loose" carb counts)-hey, that pizza is very tricky though - have not
yet figured how to bolus for it, but I am almost there (think I should
do an initial 4.5 to cover the milk and juice and bread and then program
another 4(I always overeat on pizza) Square wave over a 3.5 hour time.

However, I do not stop testing, but, I know what I can get away with. I
call it more experience and knowing how your body works through years of
observation. As well, I call it intution (may the force be with you!)

Tim T.