[IP] Another new endo, another frustration (long)

So I went to see my 3rd new endo in a year today.

Endo #1 didn't believe in pumps and wanted to put me on MDI (after 13 very
happy years on the pump) because he thought pumps were too much work and
too expensive.

Endo #2 likes pumps but with only one basal rate because more than one
basal rate is just a "marketing scheme" by pump companies.  I tried it, had
horrific blood sugars, failed at changing his mind despite the results.

So I had high hopes for endo #3, because I really need some help soon or I
am afraid I will say the heck with it and go back to lovely denial world.
But she has no experience with the pump.  She is very willing to let me
educate her about what a "bolus" is and why pumps are so darn good,
however.  I explained my need to be educated and assisted but I don't think
she got that.

And I did learn something very interesting - my GP also wants me off the
pump, considers me non-compliant for looking for a pump doctor.  And I have
diabetic retinopathy.  No one has told me this but apparently my doctors
have known this since last December.  Endo #3 asked what kind of treatment
was scheduled.  I love finding out about my health this way.

I can not really express how upset this all makes me.  Now I need a decent
endo AND a new GP.  Because I (and we all) deserve better than this!!!

Thanks to IP members for being there and reminding me I am not alone in
loving my pump.  Now I remember why I spent so much time in denial - it is
hard to continue to do something hard with absolutely no support.

type 1, 19 years
pump, 13.5 years so far - and until there is a cure no matter what stupid
idiots say :'P

Vancouver, BC, Canada
email @ redacted          http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/mappa_mundi/