Re: [IP] Anyone else had this problem...

Dave I do the same thing when I change my sets.  Take a bolus to cover
the impending high.  I bolus enough to fill the cannella then 2 more
units to cover the high that I know will occur.

I consistently had highs when I changed my sets.  I was not stressed
out, no other factors came into play.  I experimented with leaving the
old set in, but it didn't help.  My endo also advised me NOT to leave
the old set it in, as it could possibly cause infections.  So I started
with and extra .5 bolus, next set change 1, then 1.5 then at last 2.0
seemed to be the magic number with me to keep my bg's stable after a set
change.  YMMV on this.  I just know that this is what works for me.

Becky D.

email @ redacted wrote:
> << On the morning that I change the site, bolus, and eat I have found that my
>  blood sugars have gone WAY up - almost as if I hadn't taken a bolus. >>
> Dave,
> This works for me and it is only what I do and not a suggestion to do it.
> After inserting a new site, I give a unit to get the ball rolling.  It may be
> my luck, but I generally do not have a high bg due to changing the site.
> Remember YMMV and always check with your doc.  Good Luck, Health and
> Happiness, Jeff.   email @ redacted
> Type 1 38 yrs, dxed 11mths old
> Pump for 15 yrs.

Becky Draper