Re: [IP] Re:Friendly words

> My own personal theory
> for recent "skirmishes" on-line is the "September curse": everyone's
> feeling
> hassled & harried with school, work, meetings, etc. picking up steam after
> the
> "lazy, hazy, crazy" days of summer.

Another thing to consider is how much this list has grown recently.  One
look at the graph on the web page shows an exponential growth.  We must
all remember that we are 'talking' with hundreds of people, each with
different wants/needs/sensitivities.  In order for all of us to get the
information and support that we desire from this group, we need to
remember how to be respectful.  Tasteful humor is always welcome, as is
blowing-off-steam without attacking anyone from the group, but
derogatory remarks never help.  The person that gets insulted today and
leaves the group may very well be the person that could have answered
that question you post tomorrow.  Give your posts and responses a litmus
test:  is your message scripted in the way that you would talk to your
boss or loved ones?  If not, your post may be better received if toned
down and reworded.  Remember, our goal here is to help each other and
gain useful information.  Let's keep this list on a positive note.

IP-Admin member