Re: [IP] Disetronic Pumps - Tim

Timothy Tobais wrote:
> Thanks for the info Katie,
> This brings up another burning question about the pumps that I wonder if
> anyone has considered...What will take place in the year 2000 with the
> computers in our pump. I would hate to see alot of diabetics have to
> return thier pumps due to the upcoming scare of 2000.

There has been a lot of discussion about this. As I understand it the MiniMed
pump doesn't relate to dates at all, only hours of the day, so the Y2K bug can't
affect it. Y2K is mostly going to affect older computers that should have been
retired aong ago. Programmers in the '60s didn't worry about the turn of the
century, likely thinking computers would all be replaced by new ones long
before then. Of course these people didn't work for the government or some
companies who refuse to upgrade ANYTHING.....

Ted Quick