[IP] mmol/l

True in all that was said, mmol/l is more commonly used
worldwide.  However,  mg/dl (miligrams/deciliter) is also
based on SI (System International) units.

I don't know how the US got onto mg/dl whereas everyone else
got onto mmol/l?

<<<Heather & Diane:
           Hopefully, I can answer your question. O.K.-here

mmol/L is millimoles/liter, and it is the world standard
unit for
measuring glucose in blood.
Specifically, it is the designated SI (system international)
"World standard",  means that mmol/L is used everywhere in
the world
except in the USA.

To convert mmol/ to mg/dl (of glucose), multiply by 18.
To convert mg/dl to mmol/l (of glucose), divide by 18 or
multiply by

Hope this helped.
Stacey  >>>