[IP] age connection

I was just this side of 11 - so I guess that means I was 10  - 1974 - wow it
seems like only yesterday...maybe it has something to do with the onset of
puberty screwing up the endocrine system which is why so many kids are
diagnosed at this age - or perhaps more are going to camp at this age so they
have their first physical in a few years (like me), or they have finally had
enough infections or viruses that the trigger is set off to start destroying
them T-cells...hmmm good question - ought to ask the Barbara Davis center -
they are the experts in this area, I believe