Re: [IP] Anyone else had this problem...

I've seen this problem discussed before. Some people leave the "old" canula in
for an hour or two - believing that some of the bolus/basal is lost in the
removal of the old canula.

Another idea that has been discussed is simply how much insulin it takes to
fill the new canula. Someone has actually measured it but my belief is that it
falls between .5 and 1 unit. I use .5 if the bgs are excellent and 1 unit if
they are higher.

Bottom line is if it is fairly consistent, correct it with additional insulin.

I say fairly consistent because one thing I've learned is that there are no
absolutes in diabetic care. - Katie