Re: [IP] Re:Friendly words

>I have been testing 18 to 20 times daily for the last couple of weeks
>my blood sugars change so dramatically. Just a small amount of stress can
>cause a rapid change and I want to stay on top of my blood sugars.
>this amount of testing will give me a greater understanding of what is
>on with my own personal body. Lousy as it is. We all have to deal with our

>disease the way we feel the most comfortable.

And, if that's what works for you, then for you it is good. If testing more
each day wasn't a such a good idea, why do you think MiniMed would be
spending so much money developing a continuous implantable BG meter? The
basic reason why more of us don't test 18+ times a day is because of
expense, inconvenience and pain. I would love to know what was going on 18
or 20 times a day... I could make much better decisions about boluses and
basal rates. But I settle on an average of 7 or 8 tests/day, because that's
what fits into my current lifestyle and budget.

I wonder how many would save themselves a trip to the ER if they could have
 continuous test results all day? This is especially true for people how
can't feel a hypo coming until it is too late. Many younger people do not
realize what hypo insensitivity is and how insidious it is. As I write this
I just realized that my BG had dropped to 37. Not good. It had been 167 at
my last test 2 hours ago (just before dinner) and I didn't have a clue that
one was coming. With that said, I rest my case!

>I thought this site would be a little more caring than some of the things

>been reading in the last couple of days. No one has a perfect solution for

>of our problems. They are too diverse. If there were a solution, there
>wouldn't be a need for this site.

In my opinion, this is a very caring group. Please don't take the words of
one individual as representative of the rest of us. You are very right...
everyone is different and there is definitely not one solution that fits
all. I'm happy that some of us have settled into pumping with hardly any
problems. For others (including myself) it's not so simple. On some days I
have tested 12-14 times in a day if I was having a specific problem that I
was trying to figure out. So, hang in there. Most of us have been there and
back a few times and really do understand what you are doing.