[IP] Re: St.John's Wort

Leslie, Oddly enough as I was reviewing the digest just now I was going to
ask about St.John's Wort myself. Just an FYI My name is Jenn, I'm 25yrs old,
type 1 for 16yrs. I just got the Mini Med pump in April 98. I live in
Southern NJ, blah, blah, blah. Anyway I started taking St. John's Wort about
a year and a half ago during a pretty stressful period. I took it for the
recommended time frame of 1 month to wait for the full effects. I noticed
that after about 21/2 months on it I was extremely ultrasensitive. I would
become quite irrational  emotionally. Now, I'm not saying that it had to do
with diabetes, but, no non-diabetics that I spoke to experienced this. Well
needless to say I quit taking it and went back to normal. Though my bs's
were very erratic at the time,(this was pre-pump). I guess we'll have to see
what the others say about their experiences.