Re: [IP] Clip on Pumps

Sherri Lynne,

What a great thing you are doing for your daughter!  The pump helps these kids
regain freedom in so many parts of their lives.  Our daughter, Marisa (8),
started on a Disetronic on June 9 and loves it.

The Disetronic does not have a built in clip like the MiniMed, but it comes
with a leather case that has a clip.  Marisa wears it in the case all the
time, either clipping it to her waistband or sticking it in her pocket.
Sometimes she wears it in a "leg-thing" that goes on the upper part of her

We chose Disetronic because of its durability, she can swim with it, and they
give you two pumps.  Plus, we just like things made by the Swiss!!  Marisa
would throw a major fit if she ever had to go back on injections.  Well, not
really, but she'd be quite disturbed-- so the extra pump is great for her in
the unlikely event that her pump would malfunction and need repairing.

This is a great place to get answers to your pump questions.  Since the
literature out there written about kids and pumps is hard to find ('cause
there isn't any!) you'll find the parents here very helpful.