[IP] Re:Friendly words

Hi Patty:
       I have been a diabetic for almost 12 years. I am 29 years old and
have 2 beautiful
children. One is almost 9 years and the other is 5 years old. My doctor
-OB/Gyn- told me that a chance for a diabetic to have "healthy" children
is slim and for the best, I should not have children. Well, I proved him
wrong and I am so glad I did.
        My pregnancy for both girls were not easy. My first was not too
bad-but my second
was alittle worse. The second baby was 5 weeks early and weighed 11
pounds. Diabetics tend to have bigger babies. My sugars were usually
around 9 mmol. but the doctor told me that they should be lower.
Personally, 9 mmol was good for me. Thank the good Lord- both girls are
healthy and going strong.
                     Here, in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada- the
support groups are VERY few and I did not know about the insulin pump
until about 3 months ago and that's only because of the internet-to
which I have learned more about my condition in 3 months than 12 years.
I really wish that I would of had the pump long ago. I still don't have
the pump but on October 6, I hopefully will. There are only 4 people
here in Fredericton with a pump. I plan to get a support group started
ASAP!!!!! My last Hba1c was 6  and that is with me on four to five
needles per day.
           My kids keep me busy all the time. That's why I need the
pump. I plan on being healthy for along time!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, sorry to
ramble on. Just wanted to say "GOOD LUCK", and all the best. I proved
them wrong and I know you can too....

All the best,