[IP] Re:

It sounds like gastroparesis but you should have it checked to be sure.
Gastroparesis is actually a kind of autonomic neuropathy so if you already have
some neuropathy, that would make it more likely for you.  With gastroparesis,
the more out of control your BGs are, the worse it gets which in turn makes it
harder to control your bgs.  I ran into this problem during grad school and it
took me a long time to figure out what was up.  They generally diagnose it with
a gastric emptying study which involves going in, eating eggs with some kind of
readable something in them, and them they lie you on a table and take pictures
of the inside of your stomach for several hours.   It doesn't hurt.

    The best way to beat it is to eat small amounts of protein (they suggest no
red meat and I've given red meat up entirely), very very low fat, and high
carbs.  The fat slows digestion down and confuses the insulin timing.  If you
you eat mostly carbs then it gets easier to match insulin to food.  I was given
a list by a dietician not too long ago of foods that appear to increase stomach
motility (what doesn't happen so well when you have gastroparesis).  It is
actually a very colorful and fun list:

    red bell pepper
    fresh pinapple (for some reason not juice and not canned)

If I can help, you can e-mail me privately.