Re: [IP] HTML, Outlook Express and Netscape Communicator Posts

At 08:50 PM 09/05/1998  Sue W wrote:
>Would the people who
>are posting HTML or using Outlook Express, some Versions of Netscape
>Communicator or even other mail programs that use HTML text, please set
>their mail programs to regular text (or at least a larger typeface)?
>The HTML posts come out on my mail program with all the commands mixed
>in with the text -- next to impossible to read.  Usually when I see one
>of these, I just delete it.  The posts from Outlook Express, some
>versions of Netscape Communicator and those other various programs have
>such a small typeface (usually) that I get eyestrain just from trying to
>read them and I have 20/20 vision with my contacts or glasses (for the
>time being).  I am sure there are other people on this list who can't
>see as well as I can.

This has been a long-standing complaint, since not all mail-readers can
handle HTML formatting. For those people who are using Outlook Express, try
looking in TOOLS/OPTIONS/SEND and make sure that PLAIN TEXT is marked for
mail. Eudora users should look under TOOLS/OPTIONS/STYLED TEXT. Make sure
that SEND PLAIN TEXT ONLY is marked. I don't have a copy of Netscape, so I
don't know what it's settings are.