[IP] cartridges and catheters

Hi All,
When I started with my Disetronic pump in June I was told to always change
the tube/infusion set when I change the cartridge of insulin.

I noticed at that time those little slide clamps that came with the pump
and asked what they were for.  I was told what they do but that there is
very little use for them.  Recently I was looking through the users manual
and found what they are for:  Changing the cartridge without changing the
tube!  Do any of you have any experience with doing (or not doing) this?

Several times the coordination of change dates has not worked out and I
have had to readjust the schedule of tube changes or use a new one very
soon after the last change.  If it is accurate that the cartridge may be
changed without changing the tube, that might make things a bit easier to
coordinate.  Although the clamps look like they might be almost more
trouble than they are worth.

Opinions or info?

Thanks, and have a good Labor Day.