No Subject

From: "Lambert, Jennifer (MBS)" <email @ redacted>
To: "'email @ redacted'" <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #516
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:06:17 -0400

This is a reply to Celeste Tandy:

My name is Jenn Lambert. I'm 25 and I've had diabetes for the past 16
years. I have been wearing the Mini Med 507 pump for 4 months. I
understand how you feel about being reminded all the time of  being
diabetic. When I 1st got my pump I was very excited and looking
forward to starting it. After the novelty wore off I realized that I had this
"thing" attached to me for the rest of my life. It sort of freaked me out a
bit, but then I realized that I was so much better off since I got hooked
up. I don't have nearly the amount of depressed days and mood swings
that I used to experience all the time due to bs fluctuations. As far as
finding places to put to pump, sometimes I clip it to the center of my
bra, sometimes to the back of my pants on pockets or the waistband
under my shirt, also if you look up the Mini Med site on the internet
there is a company called Unique Accessories or something like that,
that has all these products to wear the pump in different ways. I am
gonna order the "Thigh Thing" which will allow you to wear the pump
around the thigh under dresses, which I wear alot. Also, I had to find
other ways to wera my pump with tank tops and crop tops so people
wouldn't see the infusion site. I just put the site low on the side under
my belly button. It worked out okay. You'll find new ways to wear it in
time. Good Luck, keep you chin up! Enjoy the freedom.