No Subject

From: "Lambert, Jennifer (MBS)" <email @ redacted>
To: "'email @ redacted'" <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #516
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 19:34:11 -0400

I have a few questions that maybe someone has some insight on. What exactly
is Dawn Phenomenon? Also do any other diabetics here get heartburn ? I have
heartburn like nobody else's business all the time. I also get bloated
constantly. I don't know if there is any relation but... Sometimes when I
eat I bolus enough to cover the meal and all goes well, but then, out of no
where, a couple hours later, my BS is around 300 or so. This is after
testing an hour after eating and it being 130 or something. Does anyone have
similar experiences? I really don't have any contacts with diabetics that
often and no one I know has the pump. I just started on the Mini Med 507 4
months ago. I like it alot but I have kinda of slacked off with my care
regimen. I find it inspirational to read about you others taking good care
of your selves. Oh just for some info, I am 25, in pretty good health, no
complications except alittle neuropathy in my big toes, fairly active,
fairly good control. I do however get annoyed at being diabetic All the
time, and I kind of ignore it for a while. I always take my insulin and try
to eat right and all that but I do let my high BS's go for a while when I'm
not up to figuring it out. Anyway, enough from me,but if anyone does have
any answers to the above questions, let me know. Thanks