Re: [IP] HbA1c chart

email @ redacted wrote:

> Thats great information Donna, but these numbers for BG must be mean
> values.  I suspect that there is a very big standard deviation about this
> mean,  so people need to keep this in mind when they get their results. .
> I don't suppose that the insurance company provided any info on this
> variability, but if someone's A1Cs and BGs don't match this chart, they
> shouldn't get too upset.  YMM
> -wm
> Wayne Mitzner
> Department of Environmental Health Sciences
> The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health
> 615 N. Wolfe St.
> Baltimore, MD 21205
> Tel. 410 614 5446
> Fax 410 955 0299

  I went searching and found this info recorded in 1998.  There are two types
of A1c test.  First one---HbA1 range is less than 8.8% with labs normal range
5-7.5%.  The second one--- HbA1c's range is less than 7%  with labs normal
range 4-6%.  Info said to make sure which test was ordered.  I could not find
any variables recorded on this info or from the info sent to me which I know
that everything has a variable concerning it.  As I said in my info "make
sure you ask your lab about results."     Michael--if I understand you right
about figuring out average:  ex.  33.3*7=233.1-86=147.1.  With no variables
involved that is awfully close to the charts numbers.  This chart is for the
HbA1c.  So anyone can figure out the average with an understanding that
variables can change results. Also, double check with your endo about these