[IP] New Accucheck Strips

Today I talked to a rep for Roche Diagnostics, formaly Boehringer
Mannheim.  He told me that their new strip for the Advantage and
Complete Meters are coming out this week.  The new strip is called the
Accucheck Comfort Curve Strip.  It will take between 3.5 and 4 micro
liters of blood and use the capillary action.  The strips are the same
size as the old ones, but on the left side there will be a 1/2 moon
indention to place your finger.  I called our Wal-Mart store and they
will be in tomorrow.  The catalog # for a vial of 50 is 2030373 and the
catalog # for a vial of 100 is 2030381.

Another new item they are coming out with in 2 or 3 weeks is a meter for
the visually impared.  It is called the Voicemate.  It talks to you, has
a strip that allows you to feel where to put the drop of blood and has a
place to set your vial of insulin so that it can tell you what kind it
is i.e. Humalog, Regular, etc.  It does this by having you rotate the
vial and reading the bar code.  The catalog # for this item is 2030802.

I hope this information can be of use to some of you.

Lisa D. (Spencer's Mom)