Re: [IP] disabled R us

Please remember when your company wants to use your diabetes as a disability, and if does not interfere with your work & no visible disableness, it is your choice.   My company does not use mine, even though it might like to, it has left that up to me.  And I don't FEEL disabled.  No accomodations have ever been made for me because of diabetes.   I made sure my boss knows, and a couple of good friend co workers.  It is not shame, it is personal.  I have told my HR group, however, that they are free to tell any other diabetec in the company...and I have shown them the pump, they were fascinated.  But, I have chosen not to be considered disabled until I need that.  Hopefully, I never will.