Re: [IP] Mixing of H and V: summary report

I'm very interested in your study.  Except that for me, the results seem to be more clear cut.  I can get pure humalog sites to last anywhere from 1-4 days with a wide variety of bumps and a bump about 1/2 the time.  Velosulin sites last at least 4, often 6-8 day and in the last year (6 months of which I used velosulin), I had one site that had to come out after 2 hours from soreness, redness and irritation.  The 5:1 mix is better than H, but the 4:1 mix seems to have fewer bumps although not to last longer.   This last item, though,  I have not paid as meticulous attention to as the h:v comparison.    Having said all that, I should add that humalog by itself makes my sites itch as does regular (instead of velosulin) and the mix does not often cause this.  I wonder if the reaction to the insulin is what causes the problem?  If so, those people who have little reaction might very well not see any of the differences that are so vivid in my own experience.   It's not unlike the time when
humulin first came out -- there were reports that different individuals tolerated humulin, beef insulin, beef & pork insulin, pork insulin differently.  Some had skin and hypertrophy reactions with one or another, others did not, some were downright allergic.  I don't know if that's correct but it does seem quite plausible.