Re: [IP] Insulins

I've been a vesolin user for the past 2 and a half to 3 years.  You're
right, vesolin is buffered.  The theory behind it is that regular insulin
needs additives to keep it from degrading quickly at room temperature.  A
study done at the University of Cincinnati,  however, found that regular
insulin left at room temperature for more than 2 years did not loose any
of it's blood glucose lowering properties!

I work in a pharmacy, and if I ever unexpectedly run out of insulin while
on the clock, I just substitute regular, instead.  The only difference I
have noticed is that I am a little more sensitive to the regular.  My BG
drops quicker and lower when I bolus, but I just take this into account
when I'm using the regular and dose appropriately.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]