Re: [IP] Re: Majordomo results for 'info'

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997 email @ redacted wrote:

> Michael--
>
> I'm not sure what is going on.  Do we have to REapply to PUmper's Ink??  I
> sent for that information file---what is it for??
>
> Confused---Karen

No, you do not have to re-apply, everyone is a member and all the
profiles for current members are on the mail server.

The information file simply tells you (or actually a new non-member) how
to subscribe and what a profile should look like.

The INTRODUCTORY file contains the majordomo commands that allow any
member to retrieve any of the PROFILES or back issues of the message
DIGEST from the majordomo server.

I would encourage all of the members to retrieve their own profile and
check that it is accurate, contains pertinent information, and doesn't
contain anything you really don't want the rest of us to know.  If you
send me a new profile, I will re-distribute it to the list and delete the
old one.

Michael