[IP] Re: Majordomo results for 'info'

>>>> info
- -----------------------------------------------------
  INFORMATION ABOUT THE INSULIN-PUMPERS MAIL LIST
- -----------------------------------------------------

     Thank you for your interest in the Insulin-Pumpers
mail list.  In an effort to reduce SPAM and protect the
privacy of the list members, the Insulin-Pumpers mail
list is a CLOSED LIST.  Non-members who are insulin pumpers,
those considering using a pump, health care professionals,
or other persons having a demonstratable interest in
diabetes and insulin pumping are welcome to join the list.
To join the list, you must submit a member profile which
is described below.

     The purpose of this list is the free exchange of
information amongst users of insulin pumps and other
interested parties about everyday living with the pump.
None of the ideas and information  exchanged here should
be taken as medical advice.  Without knowing the complete
medical history and background of each diabetic, even a
health care professional, through this list would be unable
to  properly give medical advice that would be appropriate
for a particular individual.  Any information obtained from
this list should be used with care and not be tried until it
has been reviewed with your own health care professionals.

 ******> SAMPLE PROFILE

     Every person wishing to join the Insulin-Pumpers mail
list must submit a member profile containing your name, e-mail
address, and a brief description of your experience with the
pump, or interest in pumping insulin.  Your profile will be
reviewed by the list manager and forwarded to the membership
after it is approved.  The example below is not a template,
so please feel free to elaborate or change the format as
you see fit.  At a minimum, please include your name, city or
region (i.e. San Francisco Bay area), the number of years you
have had IDDM and any serious complications with which you have
some experience that may be useful to others.  Many members
have included their phone and fax numbers as well.
Try to keep the description brief, under a page.

EXAMPLE:
 Harold Mueller < email @ redacted >
 650 992-2566 fax 992-2568
I've been using a MiniMed 506 for the last year and a half
with Humalog for the last 6 months.  I use 30-35 units a day
with a ratio of 1 unit of insulin for 11 grams of carb.
I was diagnosed at age 12 and have had diabetes for the last
15 years.  Since going on the pump, my hbA1c's have gone from
8.1 down to 6.9 (whoopie), and I love the freedom from the snacks.
I like to bike and swim and participate in a regular exercise
program.  None of the other members of my family are diabetic
(I have a daughter 7 and a son 4) and everyone is very
supportive. Oh, by the way, I live in Detroit, MI.

Please feel free to add any other information or experiences
you have had to your profile that you consider pertinent to
your particular situation and that may assist other pumpers.
(i.e. diabetes complications, treatments, etc...)

     You may subscribe to the list by filling out the form
on our website at:

http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

or by using the directions below for the mailing list server.

     The following is general information about the
mechanics  of subscribing to the list.  List members may
retrieve a more detailed description of these and other
commands by sending this command in the body of a message:

intro
end
     To the address:  email @ redacted

Please save a copy of this  message for future reference.

     Prepare a member profile, as described above and
e-mail it

     To the address:  email @ redacted

Without a member profile, your subscription to the list
 ---------------> WILL BE REJECTED <---------------

     Send the command in the body of a message:
subscribe
end
     To the address:  email @ redacted

NOTE: that this address is NOT the same as the address for
 ---- your profile submission (above).

 ******> DISCLAIMER
     Neither BizSystems, it's ownners or employees, nor the
owners of this list assume any liability for messages posted
to the list by its participants.

 ******> NOTICE
     All messages sent to the list are subject to quotation
with or without attribution both on the Insulin-Pumpers
Mailing List and on Insulin-Pumpers Home Page unless
specifically forbidden in the body of that message.

     This document will be updated and posted periodically.
We reserve the right to limit participants on the list and
will purge problematic e-mail addresses from the list
(i.e. mailboxfull, name not found, excessive bounces, etc...).
BizSystems in no way supports this list directly.

      As always, think before posting and keep the content
relevant to diabetes and the insulin pump. And most of all:
Good health to all and enjoy the benefits of using an
insulin pump.
END OF COMMANDS

Michael <email @ redacted>