Re: [IP] Medtronic 670G

 I believe the 670G can be used without the Guardian sensors, but then you will
remain in automode, so it will not adjust your insulin based on your blood
sugars or suspend when you go too low.

 I went on a pump in 2008, within a year of going on insulin. I chose the
Medtronic pump because of its features and the fact that my PCP was familiar
with it. She sent me to an endocrinologist who works with pumps and I continue
to see him 3 to 4 times a year. When the warranty ran out on my first pump, I
decided to stick with Medtronic, again because of the features of the pump - I
like the bolus wizard, the ability to run a temporary basal, the ability to run
a square wave or dual wave bolus, up to 3 basal patterns, and a 300 unit
reservoir. My Revel (whose warranty will be over in a month) has threshold
suspend but I don't use it because the Enlite sensors are too inaccurate. The
same was true of the predecessor Sof-Sensors. But I still used them because they
did catch lows at night (although I had a high error rate of receiving a warning
for a low and finding out I was not low) and that was better than nothing at
all.

 I have heard about recent issues with Medtronic and their customer service in
the various FB groups that I am in. I have not had a bad experience with them
myself, but I have observed that they were not prepared for FDA approval of the
630G and then the 670G. These two pumps use different sensors (the Enlite 2 and
the Guardian) so Medtronic has had a difficult time keeping up with demand for
their new pumps and the associated sensors. Then the hurricane hitting Puerto
Rico shut down their manufacturing operations, so they continue to have
inventory problems. Even though I plan to order another Medtronic pump soon (a
630G because I don't want to lose the ability to use temp basals, dual wave
boluses and basal patterns), I also decided to switch to Dexcom CGM rather than
continue with the Enlites. I inserted my first sensor on Wednesday morning and
am already having a better experience than I did with the Enlites.

Padma,Type 2
dx'ed 2/2001