Re: [IP] Also wondering which new Pump?

 Thanks for the info on Medtronic. As a type1 since 1956 I find myself
completely frustrated by the current business environment surrounding the
insulin pump industry and how we are being bvictimizedb by the narrowing of
our choices. I loved my Animas and prior Cosmo, now gone. I need to replace my
current Animas Ping and plan to go with Tandem, but they are changing to
proprietary infusion sets and they are on shaky financial footings. With
Medtronic on proprietary CGM will that mean the demise of Dexcom. I truly
believe the ADA (American Diabetes Association) and JDRF needs to come to our
rescue/assistance. If anybody has any suggestions on how to get their attention
please let me know. I am retired and have plenty of time to do something....just
not sure where to start. I have managed to maintain a relatively positive
attitude for 61 years but find the current state of affairs in our treatment
options bfrustratingb to say the least. We deserve better than this, and shame
on the greedy for using us to pad their pocketbooks.
Sincerely, Mike Delano
Portland, Oregon

Sent from my iPad

<email @ redacted> wrote:

 > I was on a MiniMed 504 pump when I started pumping 11/1999. MiniMed was
bought out by Medtronic early 2000. That is when the fight began. I found the
clinical support staff had no idea what to do working with the actual end users.
Ordering supplies was a total nightmare and we were being over charged. Due to
being overcharged we had to file a class action suit to be repaid. Medtronic is
a monster in the medical device world, their business and sales tactics are
predatory. Their sales people give kickbacks to Drs who prescribe their pumps.
The sales reps make false and misleading claims about any competitors systems
and quality. If your Doctor is pushing Medtronics they have a financial
incentive to do so. Call Tandem and talk with them. Medtronics on insurance
companies will underbid smaller companies by as much as 50% to become an
exclusive supplier.