I've been type I 46 or so years.
I have never disclosed my diabetes b/c of the horror stories i've heard from
diabetic B friends B over the decades. B I have never passed B out, I've never
driven while impaired, from anything.

    On Sunday, October 30, 2016 4:40 PM,
"email @ redacted"
<email @ redacted> wrote:

  I have lived in the Lone Star State for most of my life. When I got my
license
45 years ago I went through the medical evaluation process every year. I
think
by the time I reached 21 those requirements had been loosened and I just had
renew my license. Now that I am 60 and having had diabetes for 50 years those
requirements for medical evaluation will be needed. It's a pain and of course
the Medical Board can do just about anything they want. As long as you have a
good relationship with your Dr you should be fine. I assume they look into
whether you have had any accidents and if those accidents were the result of
issues with BG. I've been lucky p and confident I'm going to be able to drive
for many more years. Good luck.

Sent from my Phone

<email @ redacted> wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digestB  B  Sunday, October 30 2016B  B  Volume 13 : Number
1106

> This issue of the digest contains:
> RE: [IP] Getting a Texas driver's license
> [IP] Re: (IP) Re: Pam Brown - Another Part B insulin question
> Re: [IP] Getting a Texas driver's license
> [IP] for Cassie Schmitz
 > [IP] 2nd Circuit urged to void injunction barring sales of glucose test
strips
> [IP] In response to Signe
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)