[IP] Over the counter insulin

About 5 years ago I was out of town and ran out of my novolog.
I went to a Walmart in southern California and bought regular insulin over the
counter with no prescription.
I believe it was Fred Banting who originally insisted that people who need
external insulin to remain alive were able to obtain it - meaning over the
counter and at a fairly reasonable price.
Dr. Banting was concerned about people in poverty who could not afford to
visit a doctor to be able to obtain their live sustaining insulin.B  His
believe was that people should have access to maintenance drug that keeps
people alive. Thank you Dr. Banting.