RE: [IP] Re: How to get Insulin at a Cheaper Price

I used to get NPH over the counter here in the States, and ordered my Humalog
OTC from Canada (BC).   I didn't have a doctor then.  Life was good until
Canada started requiring prescriptions for Humalog.   For awhile after that, I
ordered my Humalog from third world countries.   Sometimes it was weeks in
transit, so you can imagine.   I had private health insurance then, with
annual premiums out of my pocket of $6K plus a $5K annual deductible on
everything.  Then I changed to a lower paying job that offered better health
insurance with a 50-50 employer split on premiums.   That enabled me to see an
endo, get a pump, buy insulin locally, and eventually add my Dexcom!   My half
of the insurance premium is still $6K, but at least I get something for it.

Melody