[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #843

Hi again, Sorry I forgot to elaborate on the Dexcom G4.
I LOVE IT!  I couldn't be more happy with it. I first wore it only in my
abdomen and now in the fatty saggy part of my upper arm.
The pump trainer said people have been restarting it and wearing it for an
additional week. I am now doing that. 2 weeks then change it. No infections
no irritation the accuracy gets even better. I can take boluses according
to my Dexcom #'s even though they say not to. You can get yourself in
trouble is you do that. You can only add finger stick #'s to the Dexcom
twice a day. If you do more you will make it Less Accurate. Occasionally it
will give me Low Blood sugar readings when I'm not if I forget to put #'s
in. Twice a day no Less no More to add finger stick to Dexcom. It has been
replaced once. It went bad stopped working on vacation in Vieques, Puerto
Rico.  Dexcom was great at getting one to me but it took 2 and 1/2 days
because you can't overnight anything to Vieques, PR. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY
DEXCOM CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT NOW. Oh about the changing every 3 months....I
don't know what your talking about. The small transmitter that is attached
to your body needs changing every 6 months and can go longer but might get
less accurate. The receiver isn't sturdy or waterproof. It must be kept in
its case and never wet.
Mikki

*b*
*Mikki Lee Weaver *