Re: [IP] Type 1 Diabetic and Obamacare

texas chose not to be added to ACA

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug T-Slim+Dx <email @ redacted>
To: IP <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wed, Oct 30, 2013 1:28 pm
Subject: RE: [IP] Type 1 Diabetic and Obamacare

Meg

I went through the plans for me and my OOP was going to be ~$14k for a gold
plan. The $14k includes premiums and copays and deductibles
You don't have to believe it but its my truth ... from my direct experience

Here is a quote that more completely describes the limits
>From Kiaser health
" Under the law, the maximum amount a consumer with single coverage will pay
out-of-pocket in 2014 will generally be $6,350 while a family could pay up
to $12,700. Those totals include copayments and deductibles, but not
premiums, and they apply only to plans that are not grandfathered under the
law."
SNIP
" Here's the catch. Although all non-grandfathered plans will have to cap
the amount that consumers pay out-of-pocket for major medical expenses, if
health plans use more than one company to administer their benefits-as many
do for major medical and pharmacy benefits, for example-consumers may face
separate caps next year, or no cap on their pharmacy spending at all."
>From NY times
" The limit on out-of-pocket costs, including deductibles and co-payments,
was not supposed to exceed $6,350 for an individual and $12,700 for a
family. But under a little-noticed ruling, federal officials have granted a
one-year grace period to some insurers, allowing them to set higher limits,
or no limit at all on some costs, in 2014."

So many holes

To ME Im concerned about my TOTAL max cost -Premiums AND copays etc - In my
case its going from ~$4000 to ~$14000

There were no platinum plans available in TX or any of the other states