Stacey M

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 31, 2013, at 16:44, Susan Marshall <email @ redacted> wrote:
>
> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:40:32 -0400
> From: Stacey Martin <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #257
>
> Yes, that's how it works, but you have to pay the bills and then put in for
> reimbursement. You can't get the money ahead of time. I'm perpetually broke,
> don't make enough that I have chunks of money lying around.
>
> Stacey M
>

> Stacey, they paid me even if all the money wasn't in there yet, knowing it
> would be there eventually
>

> Susan M.
> .

 Yes, that's how mine works, but an FSA is for reimbursement of things you have
already paid for. If I plan to put $2,000 into the account over the course of
the year, yes I can use that before it's been taken out of my pay, but I still
have to pay the individual medical bills myself out of pocket and then get
reimbursement from the FSA.

 For example, if my minimed supplies are $1,000 on January 15, I have to pay
that bill, then submit proof that I paid it in order to get reimbursed. I can't
remember the last time I had an extra $1,000 at one time that wasn't needed for
shelter or gas or electric or heat. So while the FSA is great in that I can use
the total before it's been collected from me, there is still a chunk of money
that I need to come up with before I can get reimbursed. I don't have any credit
cards to use so I can put the expense on the card and then pay the card bill
with the reimbursement.

Stacey M.