Re: [IP] re: Insulin for use in pump via Part B medicare

Some people reuse the tubing with insulin left in it...but IMHO, this
could cause an infectionso I don't do it.

I keep an empty bottle from insulin and after changing out, I take the
old cartridge and the syringe that I just used for filling the new
cartridge.  Hold the old cartridge so that the membrane is at the bottom
corner.  Stick the syringe in and pull out as much insulin as possible.
(Typically, I get about 40 units.  Squirt that into the discard bottle.
I wait until I have enough insulin to fill a new cartridge or else at
the end of the month, put enough 'new' insulin in with the recovered
insulin so that I can fill a new cartridge.