Re: [IP] Verio IQ ?

I've been using the Verio IQ for a month now and have mixed feelings
about it.  I like the bright color screen and love that it's ready for
blood the second you get the strip put in.  I can't tell whether it is
more accurate than my One Touch Minilink meters, but it's advertised
as such.  I have been using it for all of my Dexcom calibrations and I
do feel that my Dex has been more accurate than in previous months.  I
don't know whether there is any correlation.

There are actually many things I don't like about the Verio. I find
the strips difficult to get out of the container.  They're much
smaller than the old strips.  They are also very thin so that I often
end up with two strips.  I do have arthritis so my hands aren't super
flexible, but they're not terrible either.

The Verio is supposed to last two weeks on one charge based on testing
5 times a day.  I average about 10 tests a day and I am definitely
being prompted to recharge it after about a week.  I am also probably
running down the battery because I let it turn itself off.  Most other
meters turn off when you pull out the strip.  Using my phone
stopwatch, after you pull out the strip, it takes 30 seconds for the
screen to dim and it turns completely off in 2 minutes.  I can push
the OK button to turn it off but you have to hold it down for 5-6
seconds.  That doesn't seem like much but it adds another
time-consuming step to testing.

Unfortunately the Verio is not yet compatible with MM Carelink, but it
is compatible with Diasend if you use an Animas pump.  It uses its USB
cord to download readings to the One Touch software.  It's a little
confusing because the One Touch website doesn't list the Verio as one
of the meters compatible with their software.  But it is.

Out of curiosity I've been tagging results to see if the pattern alert
is helpful.  Each pattern is only evaluated over 3 days and I've had
two alerts of lows.  Frankly I don't think that 3 days is enough time
period to establish helpful patterns, but maybe it is for some people.
 I test often and use a Dexcom, so I don't expect much from the
pattern technology.  I find it ironic that the download software
doesn't evaluate my tagged readings, meaning I can't get an average of
my before and after meal readings.

I started with 10 boxes of 50 strips for the Verio and will probably
quit using it once the strips run out.  I miss having my readings
automatically sent to my pump.  Also because I can't get these
readings into Carelink, I need to go back to my Link meters a few
weeks before my endo appointment in December.

Two other comments.  The clip in the case that comes with a Delica
lancing device will also hold my MultiClix device.  Nice.  Although
the white meter is very attractive, I have several times had smears of
dried blood on it.  Easy to wipe off, but probably not a concern of
most users of white iPhones.