Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:36 AM

To: email @ redacted

Subject: Re: [IP] waterproof case for Paradigm

I have used the "waterproof" case sold by medtronics. It's a clear

plastic container with a softer rubberized lid that allows your tubing

to exit the case and remained attached. A webbing belt & "C" shaped

rigid plastic device secures the container either horizontally or

vertically. A trick is to apply petroleum jelly to the lid to help

seal it.

Mine leaked in Hawaii 2 years ago. For water trips I still use the

case, but over time, the lid has become less secure. It leaked again

on a Utah raft trip this spring. I now carry a back up pump (I think

it was a $50 rental fee for this year's river trips). FYI, to get a

replacement pump from Medtronics, in Hawaii, is a three day affair-

longer if there is a weekend included.

Looking forward to a new waterprooof Animas pump.