[IP] Insulin- how long can you use a bottle?

I have another quick question. My uncle was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes,
and they put him on lantus. He takes 17 units at bedtime, and if he's under
150, no insulin at all. My aunt asked me today if I throw my insulin away
after 28 days. Usually I go thru a bottle of insulin in that amount of time,
but told her I thought you could continue to use it longer. She also keeps it
in the refrigerator. I still don't understand why he is only on lantus and not
any fast acting insulin at meals. Anyway, thanks for any help.

Do You Yahoo!?