Re: [IP] Insurance Increase for 2010

My husband carries the insurance in our family as I am self employed.
Earlier this year he was laid off from his job in the auto industry
and we were lucky to have find another job within a few months. With
this new job, the insurance premiums are about the same, $189 every
week which includes an extra $12 a week for basic dental.
However, this new policy we just found out does not offer me anywhere
near what we have for coverage with his last employer. My pump
supplies now fall under prosthetic devices and has a $1500 deductible
per year / $4000 per a family. The prior policy had no deductable. RX
has my insulin as a $50 per a month co pay which over all I am
greatfull for as I do use 7-8 bottles per a month. I spoke to BC/ BS
yesterday and learned I can get the pump supplies under my RX mail
order but it would be $150 for each product every 3 months as they
would be at the highest co pay which is  $75 a month or $150 for 3
months from the mail order. A small savings to a point but then we
would still have the deductible to cover for other things during the
year.
Still I am greatful to have any coverage as when we were without I did
not know what we would do.

Linda
Mom of 4 Ashley 18. Becky 17. Travis 12 and Ian 5.  Type 1 1992,
pumping since 1999