Re: [IP] Camel's Milk

>So, they're still not sure.  If, however, it has been proven then why
have we not all been told by our endos to start drinking camel's milk?
I see one date cited is 1992.  Oh, and it looks like this initial study
was done in 2002.  If this has been proven, then again why are we not
all being prescribed camel's milk?   Where do you buy camel's milk?
I've never seen it in my grocery store.

I still think this is a
pipe dream.  24 randomized subjects (from India) in an initial study
does not prove an actual treatment or effect.<

As far as I know nobody said it was proven. And like many subjects because we
have access to sooooo much information we tend to become "experts" in areas we
have no clue about. I thought it was a total jest in the beginning, but people
were hammering on this like it was a wacka-mole game, including me. So I
thought I would research a little myself just to see, and I found a couple
random articles just to show that research has been done and there was some
findings that show results whether small or massive, whether right or wrong,
whether near or distant.

If it was a great break through and Insulin needs would be cut by a major
percentage, it would be like corn, not oil as someone here previously said.
The oil would be the Insulin and the Camel milk would be the corn. Certain
people (I don't know who they are), would not allow it on the market because
of the damage it would do to the Pharmaceutical company's. Just like certain
people did not allow Ethanol to be used because of the damage it would have
done to the then new oil companies i.e. Rockefeller and cronies. I think in
the past a few people have recognized at this forum the control certain health
areas have over our lives and the way we have to spend our money.

So, pipe dream or not it was and possibly is still a research in progress.
Historically there was a time when Insulin or help for Diabetics was a pipe
dream. I say when it comes to this disease follow the pipe.

Paul TI 2/1981 @21yo MM515

The first article states:

> A small month-long study in people with Type 1 diabetes (which does not
appear to have been formally published) suggested that drinking almost a pint
of camel milk daily improved blood glucose levels, reducing the need for
insulin.

> As there have not been enough studies in humans yet, Diabetes UK does not
recommend camel milk as a treatment for diabetes - an animal's milk contains
nutrients that are tailored for its young

> We don't know what the longer-term effects of drinking camel's milk are for
humans - like any sensible wise man we'll be keeping a close watch on future
developments.

That was in 2004, five years ago.  Perhaps they've since discovered that
camel's milk has some odd side effects when ingested by humans.

The ijddc.com article which cites an initial study says:

> We also observed significant reduction in insulin doses to obtain glycemic
control along with significant improvement in HbA1C level at the end of three
months. No other studies are available for comparison. Improvement in
microalbuminuria may be due to good glycemic control or it may be due to
direct effect of camel milk. There was marked improvement in diabetes quality
of life score after 3 month of camel milk treatment. It may be because of good
glycemic control or anabolic effect of camel milk. El Agamy (1992)[11] found
good amount of lysozyme, lactoferrin, lactoperoxidase, immunoglobulin G and
secretory immunoglobulin A in camel milk.

So, they're still not sure.  If, however, it has been proven then why have we
not all been told by our endos to start drinking camel's milk?  I see one date
cited is 1992.  Oh, and it looks like this initial study was done in 2002.  If
this has been proven, then again why are we not all being prescribed camel's
milk?   Where do you buy camel's milk?  I've never seen it in my grocery
store.

I still think this is a pipe dream.  24 randomized subjects (from India) in an
initial study does not prove an actual treatment or effect.

RoseLea