Re: [IP] glucose target ranges

From: "mike" <email @ redacted>

> The fasting goal is suppose to be 5 to 7 mmol/l. Assuming that I don't eat
> after 9pm or so, and I don`t bolus after then how is a fasting target range
> for that time suppose to be achieved with the setting of that range or any
> other range?
> Mike who is confused in Canada
> .

Hi Mike,

 I think the idea is to make sure your overnite basal rate is set correctly. I'm
a little surprised your endo did not elaborate on this. Be prepared to do
overnite basal testing - when you go to bed, make sure your BG is in range, and
wake up and test every 2 hours or so. Do that several nights, and you should get
a feel for how your overnight basal should be set - taking dawn phenomenon into

dx 1985 at age 32
MM 522 8/07
CGMS 12/07